May 15, 2013

The Latest Happenings

Today I am doing one final polish on the book proposals for my option book with RHC while my oldest kiddo is home sick with a cold. Now that summer's just around the corner it's finally hitting me that GATED is going to be on book shelves in less than four months. It's suddenly much more real that people will be reading this book because people already are. Book bloggers are posting pics of GATED arcs in their Twitter feeds and I've sent my own personal arcs out to author friends I know to read and sign yearbook style. My book is slowly going out into the world and I couldn't be more thrilled...and nervous...but mostly thrilled. Now I'm trying to drink in every moment as it comes because I know that my time as a debut is now well under way and that it is fleeting. I will be a YA debut just this once. So I've made a scrap book for myself with everything from the first emails from my agent saying that she loved the book and wanted to represent me, to the first blog interviews I did, and the offer email from RHC. It's ony been a little over a year and already it's fun to go back and see how far both the book and I have come. We've both grown and become more solidly what we're meant to be. The journey was scary and exhilarating and so much fun. I can't wait to see what comes next!

Oh, and also....some more NEWS!

1. GATED was chosen to be a part of the American Booksellers Association's "Celebrate Debut Authors with Indies" program this fall. Indy bookstores have my heart, so I couldn't be more pleased or honored! You can read the official announcement here.

2. The Random House "It's a First! Fresh Fiction from New Voices Fall 2013" catalogue is up at the Randombuzzers site. You can read an excerpt from GATED and find out what my extremely aweseom editor, Chelsea Eberly, loves about it!

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm belated on this and have heard the news but YAY! Lots of YAY!

    ReplyDelete