1. I bought a new sofa which is HUGE for me considering the fact that the current sofa has been in our house (or several of them, actually) for the past twelve years. It was time. That baby had seen A LOT of life. BUT I'll miss the loose cushions on the back that we used to throw across the floor like lily pads across a pond for the kids to jump on. New sofa has no loose cushions, so we'll have to make our lily pads a new way. But I'm okay with it. Especially after we moved the old one, turned it on it's side and it sounded like a rain stick because it was so full of random junk that slipped into the interior of the sofa itself. Am now enjoying my shiny new sofa that's quiet and junk free. Can't even tell you how excited I am about this. The kids--not so much. They wanted the loungy media room black leather lazy boy type grouping with the cup holders built in and I went over their heads and picked one that was comfy, but cute. The absolute coolest thing about this sofa? We bought it with money that I earned from my book. *puffs out chest*
2. I started reading Tessa Gratton's new book, THE BLOOD KEEPER, and OMG, it is AMAZING so far. The writing, the story. She had me by the end of page one and now I'm resenting all tasks/happenings that keep me from reading it. I liked the first book in the series, but this one is just....wow. I'll review it more thoroughly when I'm done, but I can say without having finished, that if you haven't gone out to get this book yet, you should. Seriously. GO NOW!
3. A baby snake got into our house. Hubby convinced my two VERY snake-phobic daughters that it was an extra large earthworm. It most definitely wasn't. Now I'm wondering if there are more where that one came from....
4. We're starting to gather Halloween type stuff for next month. My family takes this holiday pretty seriously and decorates to the hilt. We made an entire haunted room last year and an alien invasion scene in the front yard complete with fog and an extra large UFO (I'll post a pic as soon as I can dig it up). The theme this year? ZOMBIES.
5. I went from a blonde to a redhead--a sort of auburn/brownish red red head. Still not used to myself in the mirror, but the change is fun.
And that's about it. How 'bout you, anything good happening? Let me know. Have a great weekend!