September 7, 2012

Just a Quick Hello

Okay, I've got nothin'. No really. SO for today I'm just going to be all chatsy and tell you what's happening in my neck of the woods.

1. I bought a new sofa which is HUGE for me considering the fact that the current sofa has been in our house (or several of them, actually) for the past twelve years. It was time. That baby had seen A LOT of life. BUT I'll miss the loose cushions on the back that we used to throw across the floor like lily pads across a pond for the kids to jump on. New sofa has no loose cushions, so we'll have to make our lily pads a new way. But I'm okay with it. Especially after we moved the old one, turned it on it's side and it sounded like a rain stick because it was so full of random junk that slipped into the interior of the sofa itself. Am now enjoying my shiny new sofa that's quiet and junk free. Can't even tell you how excited I am about this. The kids--not so much. They wanted the loungy media room black leather lazy boy type grouping with the cup holders built in and I went over their heads and picked one that was comfy, but cute. The absolute coolest thing about this sofa? We bought it with money that I earned from my book. *puffs out chest*


2. I started reading Tessa Gratton's new book, THE BLOOD KEEPER, and OMG, it is AMAZING so far. The writing, the story. She had me by the end of page one and now I'm resenting all tasks/happenings that keep me from reading it. I liked the first book in the series, but this one is just....wow. I'll review it more thoroughly when I'm done, but I can say without having finished, that if you haven't gone out to get this book yet, you should. Seriously. GO NOW!


3. A baby snake got into our house. Hubby convinced my two VERY snake-phobic daughters that it was an extra large earthworm. It most definitely wasn't. Now I'm wondering if there are more where that one came from....


4. We're starting to gather Halloween type stuff for next month. My family takes this holiday pretty seriously and decorates to the hilt. We made an entire haunted room last year and an alien invasion scene in the front yard complete with fog and an extra large UFO (I'll post a pic as soon as I can dig it up). The theme this year? ZOMBIES.


5. I went from a blonde to a redhead--a sort of auburn/brownish red red head. Still not used to myself in the mirror, but the change is fun.

 
And that's about it. How 'bout you, anything good happening? Let me know.  Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for new sofas! Yay for new hair color and great books and zombies! As for baby snakes, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snakes are a leetle disturbing. NOT A FAN.

      Delete
  2. Yay for the new sofa and zombies theme! I love that you bought it with your book money :) WHEEEE!!! Unfortunately my grandma passed away on Friday :( and the funeral was Sunday, but I do have good things on my blog hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your grandma. Glad that there's some good going on too, though. Will have to check it out.

      Delete
  3. New hair rules! New sofa rules! I can't wait to pay for something with book money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is THE BEST feeling, especially since I've been the stay at home non-earner for so long. Can't wait to see what you buy:-)

      Delete
  4. Oooh - what kind of snake is it? Not a poisonous one I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a black racer, pretty common here and not poisonous, but we didn't keep it around long enough to make sure:-) No sightings of any more, thank God!

      Delete
  5. Loving the hair color! What inspired you to dye it? Change is great and your face would fit any color I think. I'm actually going to go natural and stop chemically straightening my hair. Yikes! Wish me luck!

    Yay new couches!

    ReplyDelete