February 2, 2012

I've Won The Liebster Award!




Last week Rena J. Traxel (www.renajtraxel.com) was kind enough to give me the Liebster Award. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it is an award given out by bloggers for favorite blogs with less than 200 followers and is meant to increase the traffic going to that blog. A wonderful thing for a newbie blogger like me with very few followers to date! Now I am charged with passing along the award to five other deserving blogs and using this post to tell you five things about myself that you might not know.

Let's begin the post with my five Liebster Award Winners:

http://www.stefanie-jones.com

www.icountwords.blogspot.com

www.ruthlaurensteven.blogspot.com

www.michelle-krys.blogspot.com

www.stephaniewinkelhake.com

 Congratulations, ladies! Please blog about your win and name five other deserving blogs with less than 200 followers in your post.

Please pay a visit to each of their sites. They are all very talented YA writers with loads of good advice to share.

Now, as for me, here are some things you may not know about me already.


1. I used to make Christmas caroler dolls in a factory in Pennsylvania. They are called Buyer's Choice Caroler dolls. I made one called the Dollmaker--okay, really I glued a hand painted doll head onto a tissue paper wrapped wire frame body and proceeded to dress, pose, and sign it and then repeated and repeated that process exactly one hundred and ten times a day (for real) while tourists snapped pictures of us at our work table ( which I'm sure are awful since I never wore make up there!).
2. I once got stranded on I-95 on my way from my parents' home in Pennsylvania to my college in Florida with three guys from school who I barely knew (but were friends of my brother's) because the one guys' car DIED on the way down. Since we were all under 21 we couldn't rent a car to complete the trip and ended up having to rent a Uhaul instead. I spent many, many hours sitting in the back in what's called Grandma's attic (the tiny compartment in the moving van part above the truck's cab-we'd decided to take turns because we couldn't all fit in the cab) with one of the guys...in the dark...can you say awkward?


3. I once lived in a creepy one hundred year old house where the view from my window was of a graveyard and the barn in back of it contained an old horse drawn carriage--and you wonder why I'm a writer, how could I NOT be?


4. I was named after Amy in the book Little Women (another hint that I would one day write myself). I identify more with Jo, but my mom always liked the names Amy or Meg better...so there you have it.


5. I set my childhood home on fire BY ACCIDENT not once, but TWICE. They were small fires, mind you...once when I was ten from a candle that I put just a leetle to close to a box of tissues in my room (I managed to put that one out with  the bathroom's water cup and a LOT of trips back and forth) and again when I was sixteen and making dinner and heating up oil on the stove. I called a friend while I was cooking and got to talking and well, you know how it is when you're talking boys with your BFF..time got away from me and whoosh! That one was a bit harder to contain and required a few fire trucks to help get it out...that showed up just as my parents pulled up from work. I was a bit of a handful..in the best possible way.


So there you have it! Thanks again, Rena for giving me the award!

10 comments:

  1. Ok your u-haul experience sounds like the perfect scene for a YA contemp. Seriously. It practically writes itself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing! Your life is so interesting and book-like! LOL.

      Delete
  2. I think you should combine all five in some way that I'll probably spend the rest of the day thinking about instead of writing : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and brilliant post:) I wish I was named after some literary figure ... that is such a great story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, I know, I am always working out ways to add this stuff to stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unpublished Life, Thanks for the congrats! I sort of like being named after a book character myself:-)

    ReplyDelete