August 16, 2011

Write On Conference: Day One-Heavy on the awesome!

I think my contacts must be fused to my eyeballs right now. I've just spent almost the entire day glued to my computer screen soaking in the Write On Conference. My brain is so full it feels like one of those super soaker buckets at a water park right before it tips over. There were so many good tips, comments, writing samples, etc. I especially enjoyed Jessica Sinsheimer's live forum event. She answered questions about the querying process and all things agenty-live-for hours!  It made it so much easier to get a handle on what her preferences might be and what she's looking for.

If you haven't checked http://www.writeoncon.com/ out yet, you should in the next two days. So many great events are planned. Even if you just go to check out what other writers are working on it'll be well worth your time. It's a great way to see what's already out there, what's maybe overdone, what's a little generic, and what's completely brilliant. It's like gettting a peek at an agent's slush pile. Invaluable, really.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to your blog, Amy. I'm glad we 'met' at WriteOn. :)

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete